Tuesday, July 30, 2019

The daily update

We anchored for two nights in Rockport, the other side of the peninsula from Gloucester. The windlass brought up the anchor just fine. So far it is 1 for 1. The chain links I found were irregular on one side, not rounded like normal chain. I think I could feel a slight bump as they rode over a post inside windlass. Maybe those irregular edges will wear down. I will look for more chain. 

We are on our way to Portland. No wind. I left York at 0530 in a slack tide. Current rips through the narrows. I had difficulty rowing against it. The York harbormaster shared all sorts of knowledge. 

We are planning for some shopping, including a replacement Fortress anchor, in Portland as well as a rendezvous with a good friend who has been receiving packages for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment