Sunday, February 14, 2016

Windvane

I am giving some thought to putting off the windvane until I actually get to the boat.  I would be passing up on the 10% discount they offered for ordering now.  I would also possibly put myself in the position of not getting it done before the Carib 1500.  I think I would buy myself piece of mind.  Last night I got to thinking that I should be nervous (which I wasn’t) about making changes that altered the boat before I actually have taken possession of the boat.  I am excited to own this boat, but I do not yet feel the affection for this boat that I feel to Captive Heart, my J/27.  I think when a person loves a boat, that person will make the best decisions for a boat.  I need to fall in love with this boat before I start making these decisions.  It will be cool to be able to do things like measure the stern wave at various speeds and sailing angles and to be more a pat of the process in getting this right.  I am fine leaving periodic maintenance, esp for things in which I have little expertise, to the service yard, but I would like to be more involved in designing and installing sailing stuff like the windvane.  Hopefully I can make it one of my first projects so that I get a chance to practice and adjust if necessary.  I will keep it in the budget.


No comments:

Post a Comment